Nikola Jokic’s height in cm is 211 (6’11”), and he plays center for the Denver Nuggets. The franchise did not expect much from the Serbian big man landing as the 41st pick in the 2014 NBA Rookie Draft.
Jokic has no poster plays or razzle-dazzle moves. He relies on skill and basketball smarts than athleticism. Jokic is a team man responsible for the Denver Nuggets’ playoff appearance four times in a row (2019-2022).
Read for more information about a player who entered the league on time and maximized the situation.
Has Nicola Jokic’s Height Changed?
Nikola Jokic was a rookie drafted by the Denver Nuggets in 2014, stands 6′ 11″ (2.11 m), and hasn’t grown after seven years in the NBA.
The two Jokic brothers, who were older, helped develop his passion for basketball. The eldest Strahinja played in European leagues, and Nemanja is a member of the University of Detroit Mercy Titans, an NCAA Division I men’s basketball team.
Jokic overcame lots of obstacles before he reached superstar status. He joined the NBA because European teams like Barcelona passed him up. Jokic was the 41st pick and not much was expected from him. As a rookie, he warmed the bench but took advantage of garbage minutes to show his stuff before breaking into the Nuggets’ starting lineup.
He’s not one of those NBA athletes who displays a super physique and athletic ability. Jokic uses his size and skill to leverage his vision, angle, and basketball smarts to get the job done.
In a game against the Phoenix Suns, he joined Wilt Chamberlain as the only player with a 30-point triple-double, hitting 35 markers, grabbing 11 rebounds, 11 dish outs, and knocking a perfect 11 attempts.
With Jokic’s all-around play and mindset, the Nuggets’ aspiration of contending for an NBA title is just around the corner.
What is Nikola Jokic’s Vertical?
Some say The Joker has a 5-inch vertical – that’s ridiculous. Others think Jokic jumps 43.5 inches which made us scratch our heads because that’s too high for a guy who weighs 284 pounds, but Zion Williamson leaps 45 inches, and he’s 280. Whatever, the fact is Nikola Jokic is a great player with a bright future. The guy registers one block and grabs 13.6 rebounds per game.
Jokic is a unique player with exceptional basketball talent. He can’t be compared with the athletic monsters who make plays good for a poster. Jokic is a team player and will do whatever the team needs to win games.
What Position Does Nicola Jokic Play?
Centers of old hang around the paint, blocking shots, getting rebounds, providing screens, and occasional baskets. It’s a one-dimensional position making it easy for coaches to design plays to neutralize the big man. Biggies who don’t adjust to today’s brand of play in the league would fizzle out.
Nikola Jokic changed that when he entered the basketball scene in his rookie year in 2014 for the Denver Nuggets. The center position became cool.
Shaquille O’Neil commended Jokic for his two-peat NBA MVPs and for bringing glory back to the centers.
You don’t expect a lot from a player who’s the 41st pick in the second round of the rookie draft – The Joker made naysayers eat their words.
Jokic elevated his game in all areas when the big man position evolved. This center pivots as a guard and a forward with a decent three-point shot.
Jokic can bring the ball down with the finesse of a point guard and loves to pass 7.9 times or eight assists per game. He’ll look one way and pass the other way. Or throw a pinpoint baseball pass to his teammate on the other end of the court. If teammates are covered Jokic weaves his way to the rim and makes a Euro step for a deuce or a slammer.
You don’t want to leave him open; Jokic will kill you from afar with a 58.3 FG% and 33.7 percent beyond the arc. With his size, he can shoot over anyone. Since Jokic is an oversized guard, he can control the ball, bring it to the paint, and score over defenders.
So far, we’re talking of Jokic’s offense, but he’s a two-way player who can also contribute to the defense. His 0.9 BPG means he blocks a shot in every game, and players don’t want to be that one. Jokic is a terror on rebounds; he averages 13.8 RPG, about 28 points shaved from the opponent’s score on putbacks.
At 27 years old, The Joker shows no signs of letting up in improving his game. The numbers he posts and the things he does every game put him on track to achieving a rare three-peat NBA MVP or even more. He’ll be in the company of three players who achieved this feat: Bill Russel (1960-63), Wilt Chamberlain (1965-68), and Larry Bird (1983-86).
How Does Nikola Jokic’s Height Compare to Other NBA Center
The average height of NBA centers in the NBA season 2022-23 is 6′ 11″ (2.11 m); 27 players are seven feet and over. Biggies rotate as forwards like Giannis Antetokounmpo (7’0″- 2.13 m), Kristaps Porzingis (7’3″ – 2.21 m), and Joel Embiid (7’0″ – 2.13 m), among others.
Undoubtedly, Denver Nuggets star “The Joker” Nikola Jokic is the best NBA big man in the 2021-22 season. Nikola Jokic’s height and weight are 6’11” tall and 284 pounds (128.8 kg) heavy. The Joker played 74 regular season games averaging 27.1 ppg, 13.8 RPG, 7.9 APG, 1.5 SPG, and 0.9 BPG, with a high 58 percent field goal conversion. One hundred media members cast their NBA MVP ballots; Jokic’s 875 points bested fellow big men, 76ers Embiid (706 points – 2nd place) and Bucks Antetokounmpo (595 points – 3rd place) on his way to a two-peat.
Interesting Facts About Nikola Jokic
- The Joker’s 18 triple-doubles upped his tally to 75, just three shies of Wilt Chamberlain for the most triple-doubles by a center.
- Jokic holds the record for the fastest triple-double in the league, completing the feat in fourteen minutes and thirty-three seconds.
- His name was removed from the rookie draft. The Nuggets franchise assured the Serbian center that he’d be picked 41st if he returned.
- You’ll notice a wedding band fastened on his sneakers whenever he plays.
- Former teammate, Mike Miller gave him the moniker “The Joker” because he couldn’t pronounce Jokic (yow·kuhch).
- Jokic was the 41st pick in the second round by the Denver Nuggets in the 2014 NBA draft. He was drafted during a Taco Bell commercial.
- He loves horse racing and left a basketball game at halftime for a chariot race. Jokic enjoys being with these beautiful creatures and owns a few racehorses.
- Jokic broke the habit of drinking three liters of soda before a game.
- NBA players injure their hands and wrist while playing. Jokic acquired his injury from signing too many autographs.
- Jokic tore the head of a koala mascot and wore it in a youth basketball match.
- The Joker holds the Nuggets’ record for double- and triple-doubles and is the franchise’s only MVP. He led his team in point production, rebounds, and assists for four straight years, unmatched in the history of the NBA.
- He has some killer salsa moves; move over LeBron.
- Jokic’s interest in basketball began at age 14 while watching Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan on television.
- He led the Serbian National Team to a silver medal finish in the 2016 Summer Olympic games.
Wrapping Things Up: How Tall is Nikola Jokic? Has it Changed?
Nikola Jokic is a 6’11” center with the Denver Nuggets franchise. Is Nikola Jokic good?
At 27 years old, Nikola Jokic earned these NBA awards.
|NBA All-Rookie First Team||1||2016|
|All-NBA Second Team||1||2020|
|All-NBA First Team||3||2019, 2021, 2022|
|NBA Most Valuable Player||2||2021, 2022|
Jokic is a 7-year veteran who achieved a lot to be included in the GOAT player discussion.
If you’re interested in learning Nikola Jokic‘s story, check out this basketball biography book.
We hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, be sure to check out our other basketball FAQ articles here.