DeMar DeRozan led the team with 13 points, six assists, and five rebounds as the U.S. Men’s National Team dominated the Dominican Republic, 105-62.
Here are photos of Jay Triano (Portland TrailBlazers), Eric Hughes (Milwaukee Bucks), Jama Mahlalela (Toronto Raptors) and Bruno Caboclo (Toronto Raptors) working with campers at Nike’s Americas Team Camp.
Click on any of the pictures to see a larger, high res version.
Check out the best moments from USAB’s practice as they prepare for their exhibition games through the lens of a super slow motion Phantom Camera.
* Nine of Toronto’s first 12 games are at home. A big part of that is a stretch of seven consecutive games at the Air Canada Centre.
* The Raptors play four games on national TV south of the border. They play the Chicago Bulls on TNT (November 13th) and they have three games on ESPN (December 17 against the Brooklyn Nets and two games against the Charlotte Hornets. It’s a nice bump since the team didn’t have any regular season games on TNT or ESPN last season.
* The Raptors open their season at home against the Atlanta Hawks on October 29th.
* Some games to mark on your calendar are when Andrew Wiggins makes Toronto debut as member of Timberwolves on March 18, LeBron James visits the ACC on December 5 and March 4, Kevin Durant visits November 4 and February 8 against the San Antonio Spurs.
* Toronto has a nasty end to the season as six of their final eight games of the season will be on the road. Ouch. Even worse is that after the All-Star break, 18 of Toronto’s final 29 games are on the road. That means Toronto needs to get off to a strong start.
* Toronto’s last seven games of the season come against Eastern Conference teams. This could be huge when it comes to fighting for the Atlantic Division crown and/or playoff seeding.
* The Raptors have a six-game road trip that starts December 22 in Chicago. During that road trip they will play the Bulls, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, Warriors and Suns. That’s a nasty stretch for the team and not a fun way to spend the holidays. The “reward” is the team gets to play six games at home after the nasty road trip.