Buzzers Beaters – 09/21
* Huge props to my buddy Matt for designing some amazing basketball shirts for Macleem.
* I became a fan of Adrian Wojnarowski after reading his The Miracle of St. Anthony a couple years ago so I was stoked to see that Empty The Bench posted a great interview with him this week. They were able to talk with him about covering the United States Senior Mens basketball team in Beijin this summer and he shared his thoughts on the NBA and it turned into one of the more insightful interviews I’ve read in a long time.
* If you’re wondering where all the good guys in sports are, take a long hard look at Charlie Villanueva. He recently wrote an article for ESPN talking about the work the Charlie Villanueva Foundation did this summer and was given the NBA Community Assist Award for August.
* A huge thank you goes out to Paul over at Converse for sending me a limited edition version of the Converse Pro Leather 1976 shoes. I was stoked to see UPS show up with a package and a new pair of size 12 kicks waiting for me earlier this week.
* Do you know who Ater Mojak is? Neither did I before I read Mookie’s post on A Stern Warning but his story is a compelling one every basketball fan should read.
* Can you hear that? It’s the sound of NBA bloggers all over the globe starting to to write their NBA Previews for CelticsBlog.
* The Arsenalist wrote an article about who they view to be the top power forwards in the NBA and their list included; Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudamire and David West. An impressive list, but I have to admit I was shocked Dirk Nowitzki, who was the MVP of the NBA just over a year ago, failed to make the cut.
* Ridiculous Upside is having bloggers from SB Nation ReDraft the 2001 NBA Draft. Who would your top five picks be? My top five picks would include Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, Gilbert Arenas, Joe Johnson, Jason Richardson. I know this is lame, but I don’t think I can rank these guys besides having Richardson as the fifth guy out of that mix.
* For a good laugh check out Dwight Howard throwing out the first pitch at a recent Devil Rays game or Shaquille O’Neal dancing with his sons.