Last week I was able to chat with Brin Hill, the director of the Ball Don’t Lie movie. Over the past few weeks it’s been fun going “Hollywood” with my interviews with Kim Hidalgo and Grayson “The Professor” Boucher, so it was nice to get back to chatting more about basketball in specific topics during this interview.
Some of the topics we covered during our chat include:
* How he met Matt de la Pena while playing basketball
* Why the book struck a chord with him
* How his history of playing college basketball and coaching AAU ball helped in the creation of this movie
* What he feels the key to making a basketball film seem real is
* Why he took a risk on two lead actors who are relative “rookies” to the big screen